Thim HelpDesk Settings
The DeskPress theme comes with a special plugin called “Thim HelpDesk”. An installation and activation of this plugin is required in order to get this theme run properly. To configure Thim HelpDesk, go to Dashboard >> Setting >> Thim HelpDesk:
- Default Purchased Code Page: Envato Purchase Code Activation page. You will be able to create this page automatically when installing this “Theme HelpDesk” plugin.
- Write Search Logs: logs all search queries. You will able to keep trach on what people searched on your website in WordPress Dashboard > Search Logs menu.
- Envato Username: your username from Envato website. In the case you are an Envato’s author and offering support to your customers over this awesome help desk system.
- Envato API Key: your Envato API Key. If you don’t know what it is, please visit: http://extras.envato.com/api/
- Redirect URL: when an user logged in successfully, he/she will be redirected to this URL.
- Product Items: all Envato products, WooCommerce products (if you installed WooCommerce, otherwise, just ignore it).
<h4=”setup-menu”>Setting up Menu
How to create menu for Knowledge Base
To create a menu for Knowledge Base, simply create go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, select your main menu (create one if you haven’t one yet) > Select Links on the left collapse sidebar:
- URL: http://yourdomain.com/knowledge-base/
- Link Text: Knowledge Base (for example).
How to create menu for FAQs
Similar to Knowledge Base, but different values
- URL: http://yourdomain.com/faqs/
- Link Text: FAQs (for example).
How to create menu for Forum
Similar to Knowledge Base, but different values
- URL: http://yourdomain.com/forums/
- Link Text: Forums (for example).
bbPress is required in order to run the DeskPress theme properly. This Effortless Help Desk Theme is fully compatible with bbPress Forum. For more information about this forum software, please visithttps://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/
Rather than standard features from the Automattic bbPress Forums, DeskPress offers helpful features to save you time on dealing with topics/issues from your customers.
- Specific Moderators/Staffs: set several staffs to moderate a specific forum, those staffs will get notifications when a new topic posted in their moderated forums.
- Paid Access : this is the soul of the DeskPress solution. When you create a new Forum, you will be able to set it as public for everyone to ask
- Assignment: assign a topic to a specific staff/moderator.
- Topic Status: there are number of statuses for a topic to help you manage your topics effectively.
- Canned Replies: multi level pre-made replies to help you saving time reply to topics.
- Private Reply: your customer able to send private reply, just for your staff & the customer can read.
- Send Private Access Info: convenience feature for your customer to send sensitive information to your staff.
- Best Answer: set a reply as best answer for a topic, link it to a knowledge base.
- Attachments: able to send attachments along with reply.
- Floating Popup Reply: viewing question and type answer on the same screen.
To access the Forums Management, go to WordPress Dashboard > Forums. In this screen, you will be able to create new Forum, edit or remove an existing Forum. Your added (and published) Forums will be displayed from the frontend.
To access the Topics Management for manage all topics from your customers, go to WordPress Dashboard > Topics. In this screen, you will be able to create new Topic, edit or remove an existing one.
To access the Replies Management for manage all topics from your customers, go to WordPress Dashboard > Replies. In this screen, you will be able to create new Reply, edit or remove an existing one.
To access the Canned Replies Management for manage all topics from your customers, go to WordPress Dashboard > Canned Replies. In this screen, you will be able to create new Canned Reply, edit or remove an existing one.
To send a Private Reply, your staff or customer simply make a checked on the checkbox: “Set as private reply” on the Reply form.
When writing a reply, your staff has the ability to find a KB item & insert a link to it quickly by typing: @kb:keyword (replace keyword with the specific one).
Send Private Access Info
To send Access Info, simply click on the [Send Access Info] button on the top right side of a topic details page, he/she will be redirected to a reply form with “Access Info” tab activated.
Knowledge Base (KB)
Knowledge Base is an important part of the DeskPress Theme. This feature is super useful to pre-answered all known questions from your customer. It also will link to the bbPress forum when your customer trying to create new topic.
New KB Category
Go to WordPress Dashboard > Knowledge Base > Categories to manage and create new KB category.
New KB Item
Go to WordPress Dashboard > Knowledge Base > New KB Item to create new KB item. You will able to specify particular categories for each KB item.
FAQs is helpful to present frequent questions & answers from your customers, it will save lots of time finding solutions.
New FAQ Category
Go to WordPress Dashboard > FAQs > Categories to manage and create new FAQ category.
New FAQ Item
Go to WordPress Dashboard > FAQs > New FAQ Item to create new FAQ item. You will able to specify particular categories for each FAQ item.