Check our Knowledge Base and FAQs below to find the answer for some common questions:
What if I already have Eduma theme ?
Eduma and AcademyLMS theme share the same LMS features and functionalities, thus you can switch between the two without affecting LMS data.
- If you already have your website using Eduma theme and want to change to AcademyLMS theme:
First, deactivate all the plugins on your site. Then install and activate AcademyLMS theme above.
Your site is now using AcademyLMS theme and current LearnPress data should be preserved, no more action needed.
- If you have two different sites using Eduma on one and AcademyLMS on another and you want to transfer LearnPress data from one to another:
We provide a FREE plugin called Export/Import that helps to transfer LearnPress data including courses, lessons, and quizzes from one to another website. You can check the plugin usage here
Theme Installation Error?
1. “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet“: this occurs when you try to upload the full zip file that includes sample data, documentation, etc. Please make sure you are uploading only the installable theme which is called academylms.zip.
2. “Are you sure you want to do this?“: this can occur due to several reasons:
- PHP memory limit is too low (here is how to increase PHP memory limit).
- You are trying to upload the full zip file instead of just the installable theme
- The upload_max_filesize isn’t large enough. You need to update your php.ini file to increase the value
3. “#005_FILE_NOT_FOUND“: Since we no longer include demo data in the theme folder (for smaller theme package size), if you encounter this 005 error when importing demo data, please try the following solution:
- Visit Dashboard > Plugins and make sure Thim Core plugin is up-to-date
- Visit AcademyLMS > Plugins and find Thim AcademyLMS plugin. Try to install and activate this one again.
Can customization be saved?
When you make changes in Appearance > Customize setting but the changes cannot be saved, there are some common reasons:
- “500 Internal Server”: Read this blog to know how to fix it.
- Users of server (e.g Apache, Nginx) cannot write file: let chmod file style.css and config.less (in theme directory) be 777.
- Your PHP version is outdated: update PHP version 7.0 or higher.
Will customization be lost if I update the theme?
No, your customization in Appearance > Customize will not be lost when you update the theme. Only the code modifications in the original theme files will be lost and that’s why you should deploy in child-theme.
How to customize the registration confirmation email?
You can customize the default welcome email sent by WordPress by using a 3rd party plugin called SB Welcome Email Editor.
How to improve site speed?
We have a blog about what affects site speed and how to improve site speed. Please check it here
How to translate my site?
We usually recommend using Loco Translate plugin. Check this guide to know how to translate your site and also how to troubleshoot if the translation does not show