When you want to create an assignment, you can go to your Dashboard => LearnPress => Assignment, then click on "New Assignment".
In the editing screen of the assignment, there are three sections: Overview, Documentations, and General Settings.
Edit description with Elementor
To enable the ability to edit an assignment description with Elementor, you need to enable an option in Elementor settings, you can see in the below picture:
Then you can see the Elementor button when you edit the assignments.
Please note that you only can edit the assignments when you published them.
Edit description with WPBakery
To enable the ability to edit an assignment description with WPBakery, you need to enable the options in WPBakery settings.
With WPBakery Page Builder, you need to enable those options for each role. If you only enable those options for admin, instructors are not able to edit assignments with this page builder.
After you enabled those options, you will see the buttons of WPBakery when you edit the assignments.
There are two fields in this section: "Attachments" and "Introduction".
Introduction: What you write here will be displayed in the Overview section before the students start that assignment.
Attachments: The files students can see and download after they start that assignment.
- Duration: Duration for this assignment, this duration runs after the students start this assignment. If you set 0, the duration is unlimited. After this duration ran out. The answer of the student will be automatically sent to the instructor.
- Mark: Maximum score a student can receive from this assignment. The instructor cannot give a score higher than this number.
- Passing Grade: Requires the student to reach this point to pass the assignment. Students with marks lower than this passing grade will fail.
- Re-Take: How many times the user can re-take this assignment. Set to 0 to disable, students can take this assignment only one time.
- Upload Files: Number files the user can upload with this assignment. Set to 0 to disable, students cannot upload files in this assignment. If the students send more than the allowed number, the system will automatically take the first number of allowed files and remove the excess file.
- File Extensions: Which types of files will be allowed uploading? Each file is separated by commas. If the students send wrong file types, the system will automatically remove the files with the wrong types.
- Size Limit: Set Maximum Attachment size for upload ( set less than 128 MB). If students send files larger than the allowed size. The system will automatically remove those files.
Assignment with Student
Above is the image of an assignment before a student starts it. Students can see much information before they start the assignment:
The title of assignment, the number of attempts is allowed, duration, passing grade, and the Overview (Introduction).
After students start an assignment, they can see the remaining time of that assignment, attachment files.
Students can attach files in their assignment with the allowed formats. If students cannot finish the assignment in one time, they can save their answers and come back later to finish it.
All created assignments are displayed in the assignment dashboard in the backend.
Let us introduce you to the dashboard of assignment. As you can see in the above picture, there are 9 columns in the assignment dashboard:
- Title: Displays title of the created assignment.
- Author: Displays the instructor who created that assignment.
- Course: Display the course to which the assignment was assigned.
- Students: Display the number of students who have sent the answers to the instructors.
- Mark: The maximum score a student can get from the assignment.
- Passing Grade: The minimum point a student has to get in order to pass that assignment.
- Duration: The allowed time for a student to complete the assignment.
- Actions: Click on the text "View" to access the "Assignment Students" screen.
- Date: The published time of the assignment.
All submitted assignments from students are displayed in Assignment Students.
There are 7 columns on this screen:
- Name: The student's username
- Email: The student's email
- Status: "Not evaluate" if the answer of the student is not evaluated. "Evaluated" if that answer is evaluated.
- Instructor: The name of the instructor who evaluates that assignment.
- Mark: The score the instructor gave.
- Result: Pass or Fail.
- Actions: Evaluate, Delete submission, Reset result, Send evaluated email.
The functions of 4 actions:
- Evaluate: Access the Evaluate page.
- Delete Submission: Delete the answer of the student. That student has to send the answer again.
- Reset result: Reset the mark of that assignment.
- Send evaluated email: Send an email of the result to that student.
In the Evaluate Form, the instructor can see the content of the assignment, the answer, and the attached files from students.
The instructor can give a mark, note, and attach files so that students can see the note and attached file on the assignment page.
Students can see the results of their assignments on their profile page.